XII MRAVINSKY INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION FOR YOUTH
Member of European Union of Musical Competitions for youth - EMCY
Member of Association of Musical Competitions of Russia.
9 - 16 November, 2020
Committee for Culture of St. Petersburg
Administration of Moskovsky District of St. Petersburg
St. Petersburg School of Arts for Children named after E. A. Mravinsky
Association of Music Competitions of Russia
European Union of Music Competitions for Youth (EMCY)
1. The competition is held in 2 nominations: «Violin-viola» and «cello».
2. Age of the participants - up to 21 years old inclusive.
The participants are split into two age groups:
category «À» - 11-15 years old, category «Â»: 16-21 years old.
In the speciality «viola» - one age group «Â»: 16-21 years old.
The age group of a participant is fixed as of 16 November, 2020.
3. The competition is preceded by selective audition on video recording.
4. The competition is held in three rounds. The first and second rounds - performance of solo programmes, the third round - performance with the orchestra.
5. The sequence of participants' performance is set by the draw. A contestant takes part in the draw in person. If necessary, the Organising Committee provides a highly- qualified concertmaster to a participant of the competition.
6. The competition is held in the Concert Hall of School of Arts for Children named after E.A. Mravinsky. The hall hosts 430 persons.
The award of prizes and the closing concert is held in the Grand Hall of Academic Philharmonic Society named after D. Shostakovich.
7. Not more than 50% participants of the first round are admitted to the second round. Not more than 5 participants for each nomination are admitted to the third round.
8. The contestants' performance is judged by two juries - for each nomination separately. The jury consists of the famous Russian and the foreign musicians. The jury has the right: to award not all the prizes and the diplomas; to share one prize between some participants, to award the diplomas for the best performance of some pieces of the competitive program.
9. The winners of the competition who took I-III places are awarded the title of «Laureate» with award of diploma.
The participants of the competition who took IV and V places are awarded the title of «Award-winner» with award of diploma.
The teachers and concertmasters who have coached the Laureates and Award-winners are awarded with diplomas and appreciation deeds respectively.
10. The winners take place in the concluding concert of prize winners.
The Organising Committee reserves the right to transmit the competition auditions and concerts on television and radio, to recording and distribution of audio- and video materials of the competition without any additional royalty.
11. Admission fee - 80 Euro (for representatives of Russia - calculated in roubles at the exchange rate set by the Central Bank of Russia as of the date of dispatch).
The payment of the admission fee will be made upon the participant's arrival.
1. In order to take part in the competition one shall send the following documents to the Organising Committee before 15 June, 2020:
a) completed application;
b) copy of certificate of birth of passport;
c) video link with recording of two compositions selected by the participant (note: these compositions may not be part of the competition programme);
d) photo of participant of the competition for the booklet.
e) The competition fee for the foreign participants can be paid after the arrival.
2. The list of competition participants of the 1st round will be published on the site of the competition before 15 September, 2020.